Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I put my car back together (two years after being dismantled) I am finding I have "misplaced" a part or two.

I normally take the time to catalog and organize everything, but was forced to do a poor job because of the circumstances under which we were had to tear the car down. My friend was working on the car. He was working on it as an "after hours" job - so it was not part of the regular work at the shop.

We were in a great hurry to get the car taken apart because the owner of the shop where the car was being worked on had ordered it "cleared out" to make room for paying customers. Seems his wife had come thru the shop and was dismayed at seeing my 2 Mustangs next to the normal clientele's Jags and Aston Martins. Even though the owner had given my friend permission to work on my cars, he changed his mind and gave us two days to complete disassembly and remove them.

One thing that has gone missing is the little switch and pig tail that powers the backup lights. I have no idea of what has happened to the original, but I guess I'll have to come up with another one. Problem is, I cannot find a repro switch in any of the catalogs I have.

My question is: Are these switches reproduced? If not - what are my options? I can't recall ever having seen a used switch for sale anywhere. Are there any other switches available new that can be substituted?

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you have a Hurst shifter, such as Comp+, you can get a switch from them. They package a switch and bracket that fits on the shifter. As to the harness, all it is is a dual wire lead. Unless you are looking for originallity, one shouldn't be too hard to put together.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Yes I have a Hurst on the car - so your solution works for me.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts