Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a pair of torque boxes with the car and they fit like $h!t. So looping for a good fitting set that are 2 piece any one have a suggestion???
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,595 Posts
Most have to be massaged.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like the left side is the issue on the fitting. It just don’t fit the shape of the fire wall at all...
Spectra is what I see Jo daddy used on his builds and I guess he got them from MU.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
5,755 Posts
I bought Spectra 1 piece units too and separated them. They did fit better than a Dynacorn set I also had here. My drivers side went in with minimal grinding but the passenger side required some cutting, metal removal and re-welding to fit the passenger side. If you own a welder and a grinder you can make these fit. No need to use a sledge hammer or a jack to force them in place, they can be made to fit. I'll be adding a Spectra set to my friend's 66 this summer.

·
Registered
20,874 Posts
I bought the 1 piece units from cjpp, I'm assuming the the lower firewall is cut out and the torque box becomes part of it?
What I realized during my installation is from the factory only the outer portion in the wheel well is added to the firewall. The 1 and 2 piece kits are giving you acsection of the toe board. So basically you’re doubling up on the toe board. I thought about just using the outer part but used both as I thought it would make for a more ridged set up. On the toe board part I folded the flange 180* so I wouldn’t have to cut through my toe boards since they were in great shape. Along with no welding inside the car either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts