Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The PO of the 65 fastback I'm going to look at tells me that it was owned by MGM for years and years and used in Movies then sold to a stunt man who they bought it off of. Does anyone remember a movie with a Twilight turquoise fastback with 68 Shelly taillights in any movie??

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had already looked through that but the listings don't specify what colors were used. But there are about 20 movies possible.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone seen any of these movies and can you tell me what color the cars were?? This is a list From Ford of the 65/66 Fastbacks used in movies.

Baja Oklahoma (1966 Mustang Fastback)
Brainstorm (1965 version) (1966 Mustang Fastback)
Dangerously Close (fastback)
Fortune Cookie, The (1966 Fastback)
Fright Night (1966 Mustang Fastback)
Holy Matrimony (1966 Mustang Fastback)
Hotel (1966 GT Mustang Fastback and coupe)
Loverboy (1965 Mustang Fastback)
Massacre at Central High (1966 Shelby)
Nights in White Satin (1966 Mustang Fastback)
Once You Kiss a Stranger (1966 Mustang Fastback)
People vs. Larry Flynt, The (1965 Mustang Fastback, 1966 convertible and coupe)
Petulia (1966 Mustang coupe and Fastback)
Red Line 7000 (1965 Shelby GT350, Fastback, coupe, convertible, 1965 Shelby 289 Daytona coupe)
Ritmo de Aventura (1966 fastback)
Scenes of the Crimes (dark green 1966 GT fastback)
Smokey and The Bandit (1965 or '66 Fastback)
Street Fighter 2 (1965 Shelby G.T. 350)
Street Law (1984) (1966 GT Fastback)
Spenser for Hire TV 1966 Mustang Fastback
Marriage on the Rocks M 1966 Thunderbird (custom) 1965 Mustang

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Man this just gets better and better... Did you get any sleep ? LOL make sure and take some pics !

I have seen Redline 7000 and ofcourse smokey but don't recall seeing a Twillight FB in any movies...

·
Registered
870 Posts
:shrug: Never heard of most of those movies. I'm willing to concede that it's the "Spencer for Hire" car. I used to like that show as a kid.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Dusty,
I can eliminate one possibility from your list, Spencer for Hire. The car was Ivy Green. IIRC it sported Torque Thrust rims too. I guess the producers or director might have been a Bullitt fan! :grin:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
actually the TV series "Spencer For Hire" Had him driving the same car I have now. 1965 Red Mustang Fastback with a 4-spd and factory hubcaps on it. maybe they made a movie also that you are talking about(green F/B) in fact I have the original poster from the TV series(reprint)showing the lights of Las Vegas and spencer's red F/B.

Dave

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a still shot from the Spencer for Hire show.,

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hey Dusty: Is that that from a movie or from a TV series. Because I always thought that the poster I have packed away somewhere was the spencer for hire stang it is indeed red. Was there another cop/investigator that drove a red F/B? I remeber watching the a TV show with a private eye type guy driving a red F/B just like mine. The reason i remember the color so vividly is because at that time I had a Blue 67 F/B 3-spd with a 289(my first car my dad bought it for $250) and I always wished it was red instead.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Spencer for Hire TV show used the dark green fastback in the picture. I don't know about the movie or what other detective show would have used a red fastback. I'm having a hard enough time finding this Twilight Turquoise one!! LOL But the link listed above has 6 pages of thumbnails of Mustangs in movies and TV.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
WOW! I was getting worried I was having a "senior moment"! I didn't think I could mistake a red fastback for a green one!! :loco: Thanks for posting that image Dusty!!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
66gt4spd said:
Hey Dusty: Is that that from a movie or from a TV series. Because I always thought that the poster I have packed away somewhere was the spencer for hire stang it is indeed red.
Robert Urich also played a TV detective that had a red T-Bird... Find that poster. It's possible that the poster came from the promos that preceded actual production of Spencer.

John

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
A few years after the Spenser for hire series ended Robert Urich made 4 Spenser for hire movies,& in at least 1 & possibly 2 of the movies he drives a 1967 red Fastback possibly a GT model. Maybe thats what the poster is from?.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 1966 Fastback that I believe was originally painted Twilight Turquoise.

The first registered owner was a William Dean Lane (billy lane?), from Corona, CA (LA)

That name just rings a bell... was he a singer or something? I might have a movie car also.

Car has been painted lime green, sapphire blue and white in the past and also had hood pins at one point

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
There have been a number of TV programs that had Mustangs. Recent viewing of an old Matlock and the PI who drove a Poppy Red 65 cv.

Remember a weird movie where a guy who was a writer drove a 65 Mustang into a ditch, gets knocked out, comes to and he's being held prisoner by this way out wacky woman.

Film clip of Woodstock showing a painted up 66 cpe. like about a 2 second glimpse!
History Channel "The 70's" a red 67/8 Mustang parked. Watched it last nite.

And commercials like the guys riding around in a 67 cv with the grille blacked out. Remember the commercial and the car but not the product. Makes it a lousy ad!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Why don't you just ask the PO which movies/TV shows the car was in or ask him if he has any documentation? Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts