Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving my 66 home I took a curve too fast & I lost it. Rolled it down a 30ft hill. I was ok (always wear seatbelt). Luckly a guy stopped & we were right next to a bodyshop/junkyard. He took me over there & they pulled my crumbled 66 to their shop. Not a straight piece of metal anywhere. Totalled!!! After a while they offered me $1200 as is. I told them NO, in it's condition it's still worth a lot more than that. They laughed. So I went out to look at it again. What I found was a shell. Tires & rims were already gone! Seat covers gone! Engine & Trans GONE!!! They had ground all the vin numbers off including the data plate on the door. They had taken everything off the car that I could have identifed it as mine. I was SCREWED!!!.....................

Then I woke up /forums/images/icons/smile.gif!!!! No more sausage balls at 1am for me!!!

·
Registered
21,274 Posts
Don't scare us like that! There's been a rash of accidents lately.

Glad to hear it was inly a dream and you're fine, that's the most important thing.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
One of my worst nightmares was when I dreamed my fastback was stolen. I was just sick. Then I remembered a car lot around the corner (doesn't exist) that specialized in stolen cars. Sure enough, my car was sitting there. Stuck the key in the ignition and then a salesman came out to sell me my own car. I jumped him and proceeded to pummel the crap out of him. Woke up with a big smile on my face. I usually do't remember dreams.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
That is best left as a dream.

I was working on the front of the house yesterday when I heard "SCREAK, Slide, catch, air, boom"...ok so it is kinda of hard to describe exactly the sounds involved when a full size blazer takes a 90 degree curve at about fifty, fish tails, the rear tires leave the pavement and then catch in the deep gravel that levels out the gully a little, becomes airborn and flips once to land back on its tires after collasping the entire roof. It was quite a site. I was the first one to the scene and expected to find a corpe...instead I found an 18 yr old with a hole in his head and a few broken ribs tossed 20 feet from the car laying dazed in a ditch....no seatbelt. It was obvious from positioning that he exited the vehicle at high speed via the drivers side window.....2 more feet to the left and he would have impacted on the asphalt.....I hope one day he realizes how lucky he really was.......'specially since he couldn't even remeber his name when I asked him or what happened, or what he was doing, or what the square root of Pi is.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I was reading your post thinking this is really crazy!!! I had a dream the other night I was driving the 65 coupe. The engine wasn't in there very securely, so when it fell down, it sucked the hood down with it.....Guess my car isn't ready to drive yet, even in my dreams./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif We need to quit the late night snacks!/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I ate breakfast! Ya know, I was thinking "maybe I shouldn't tell anybody". Cause it might come true.

·
Premium Member
5,237 Posts
Great story, you had me hooked. I was convinced it was real too. LOL

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Why you little!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS AT THE EDGE OF MY SEAT!!!!!

I was almost ready to go fly over there and do some pummeling myself!!!!!!!

I once agreed to buy something online for my stang.......sent a $350 US postal money order and waited for a week....

(the guy lived in L.A.) I never received my part so I took a little drive.....

I went and picked my cousin up and this guy had no idea we would show up (we called once in LA and he answered only to have usa hang up)

Suddenly this guy had two 6'-3" 240lb guys walking down his driveway towards him.

He ran into his garage to come out with the part offering excuses
I took the part and told him I didn't appreciate having to drive down to get this part because someone didn't want to send it.

YOu should have seen the look on this guys face....

My cuz and me laughed

It wasn't a dream either

G

·
0 Posts
VERY Scarey dream. I was so tired, I don't think I had any dreams that night.
Hey-Are you going to try and meet up with the VMFers on Saturday at Noon at the gas pumps by the garages at the Speedway?
Better reply to my [email protected], as I can't get on the VMF much lately...
Hope to see you there.
T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts