Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...spent last night searching old brake upgrade posts.

Here's my deal. Converting a V8 66 drum/drum/jelly jar to a disc/drum/dual MC disc brake front off a 72 Mustang (non power). I have a ton of info, but the following questions remain.

1. Many folks use the 74 Mav MC. Some say use the 67-68 MC. What are the advantages of each? Line compatibility? Bore size? Rod length? Price? I still never found the rod removal/replacement answer.

2. I may not have this correct, so steer me right if I'm misunderstanding this point...seem some folks suggest that you can reuse the drum/drum distribution block if you integrate a proportioning valve. I planned to use the 72 dist block w/o a prop valve...at least until I went to rear discs. Which is best?

3. Will 71-73 brake lines mate to my 66 wheel well hard lines? Will I need the Granada extension of hard lines?

I've decided on the Mustang Plus big kit ($875) to freshen everything up while I'm there. Is Mustang Plus "a" arm quality OK?

Once again...thanks guys. See you at the track soon.

Jeff

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mr. Mike... good answers. Looks like I'll start shopping for a 74 Mav MC.

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts