Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell my WITH people are buying every single roll of toilet paper available?!? This virus is making it hard to breath- it's not causing emergency poopoutame's to happen!! Every store I've been to so far had ZERO rolls left- tp, tissues, paper towels, napkins, wet-wipes, you name it.... I'm really going to get nervous when we start getting thin on sandpaper!!

Image result for sandpaper wipe

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
It’s because they’re afraid they won’t be able to leave their house for months, not because of the direct result of the virus on your body. It’s just another example of the complete media induced overreaction, creating hysteria. It started with seeing a few empty shelves on the news, then people who can’t think for themselves believe that if everyone else is doing it, then they need to do it too. As TP keeps disappearing, along with other home necessities, even the normal, level headed people have to buy it, just so they can have some from the crazy hoarding people, and the problem just compounds itself.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Can anyone tell my WITH people are buying every single roll of toilet paper available?!? This virus is making it hard to breath- it's not causing emergency poopoutame's to happen!! Every store I've been to so far had ZERO rolls left- tp, tissues, paper towels, napkins, wet-wipes, you name it.... I'm really going to get nervous when we start getting thin on sandpaper!!

Image result for sandpaper wipe
What grit do you prefer?

·
Registered
507 Posts
My good friend went to Costco to buy a few things, including toilet paper, you know just because they needed it not because of pooppocalypse. They were limiting folks to two cases and he said people were in a frenzy, so he cracked under pressure and bought two cases. Gave one to us, so I have this one in addition to the one I had prior. Taco Bell here I come!!!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Two solutions:

1. Take care of your #2 business at work as much as you can.

2. All those fast food napkins in your glove box, console, under the seats, etc? They can now save the day!

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
Just missed some on Amazon. (had to change the payment method) When I got back to buy it 10 seconds later, it was gone.
You can't find TP in the LA area ANYWHERE.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
The lads used to ask my why I loaded up so much TP on the ship. If the old man wakes up and cant wipe his ass, theres a pretty good chance that no one is going to have a good day. Its all about assessing risk. Tampons and TP are two things we dont want to run out of and in this uncertain world full of idiots we must do as the Romans do.

·
Registered
957 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
We used to keep an old Sears catalog out at the fishing cabin...oh yeah, no more Sears. We'd also keep old phone books...old yeah, no more phone books.

·
Registered
9,284 Posts
Plenty of actual TP available, you just need to stop thinking of what's (not) on your store's shelves.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Went to the grocery store this morning, saw people buying bananas by the case. Bananas will only lest about 3 or 4 days before going over ripe.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Uh, you live in frickin' Iowa, remember? ;)
Re: corncobs...Grandpa once told me, "We'd use a red one, then a white one to see if we needed another red one." Must have told me that forty years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Went to the grocery store this morning, saw people buying bananas by the case. Bananas will only lest about 3 or 4 days before going over ripe.
I think there was a rumor going around that bananas prevented/cured the virus. (Spoiler alert - it does not.)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts