Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
560 Posts
your 72 mustang in your sig?
Do you have 31 spline axles?
The ujoint needed might be of the hybrid variety.

·
Premium Member
7,710 Posts
Could work.

Here a few reasons it sold for what it did:

31 spline: Most Mustangs are 28 splines so it means new axles.

Weight: Shipping is a bear

Condition: Just as it came out of the truck, no indication as to how it works, water damage, etc.

Sold as is, and in the comments one person received a damaged part, so they are out of luck.

Yoke size ??

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Did you buy it? Someone got a steal on that rear! I paid $250 for mine, and I thought THAT was a great deal.

As long as your car has a 9" in it, yes, it will drop right in. Yes, you will need new axles, but they're pretty cheap. I used 31 splined Superior axles, that I purchased from Summit.

You can have it rebuilt for a couple hundred, or do it yourself for about $100, then have a rear that will take a LOT of punishment for relatively little $.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I did buy it but I did not read that I needed a 28 spline until it was too late. So if anyone else needs it its yours. Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got the Trac-lock gears for the 28 spilne 9 inch I put in my 65 from a guy in Sugarland that rebuilds them. Older guy named Art Montgomery, I can find his number if you want.

He's a real nice guy. I paid $450 cleaned up, painted and rebuilt. He met me Downtown for the deal. I just got the engine and rearend broken in and left my first pair of smoking black stripes the other day :thumbsup:

·
Registered
801 Posts
You can buy the parts to make it a 28 spline if you like.If you can't find the parts,let me know as DTS is just around the corner from me and I can help you get what you need to convert it over.
Greg

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
BossShelby said:
You can buy the parts to make it a 28 spline if you like.If you can't find the parts,let me know as DTS is just around the corner from me and I can help you get what you need to convert it over.
Greg
Much easier just to buy 31 spline axles and have the stronger (and new) axles. Cost is probably about the same, too.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You would have more in parts to convert it that it would cost to by the 28 spline to begin with, I would bet. If you are interested in trading a 31 spline for a 28 spline, PM me.

Mike

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will contact both of you Monday. Ed

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok is anyone interested in trading or buying this thing. The ebay seller is on my butt and ritously so. I do not need it but would gladly swap it with someone that has one in a 28 spline or will sell it for the price I paid. Any takers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts