Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought it would be cool to have a bunch of track car pics in one thread.
Post em up here.

Of course some great links to historic track cars are here:
Schedule for Historic Trans Am

and here: (prepare to spend hours!!)
Public Home | Gwadagone

and in particular here: (the best series)
TRANS-AM RACING from 1966 to 1972. album | Gwadagone

So anyway, post up your own special track car here.
This is mine just sitting there looking mean.

super size of above: http://sfot.net/MustangPhotos/IMG_3093.JPG

·
Registered
623 Posts
I thought it would be cool to have a bunch of track car pics in one thread.
Post em up here.
Great pics....gotta love em!!! Ok...would post one of mine....IF I knew how. Do I just go below where it says attach flies? I remember this used to be a movie to do this. Had to send my pic to someone and then they had to do it...on and on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great pics....gotta love em!!! Ok...would post one of mine....IF I knew how. Do I just go below where it says attach flies? I remember this used to be a movie to do this. Had to send my pic to someone and then they had to do it...on and on.
All these forums are about the same. The little box you see on the bottom line with the yellow background and mountains is the picture attach button. When clicked, it will then ask for a URL. If you have your car pics out on a server somewhere then that's the address it wants. (picassa, etc.). Now if you want, you can send it to me and I can then put it on my server and then I can send you a link that you can then use. You may already have it somewhere else though. I am sure I'm not the only one wanting to see your car so, let's make it happen. :D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Waterford Hills, MI

Laguna Seca, CA

Sears Point, CA

Shaun,

I would love to know the suspension and tire settings on that car. It looks like there are 2 wings under it. What are those?

·
Registered
623 Posts
All these forums are about the same. The little box you see on the bottom line with the yellow background and mountains is the picture attach button. When clicked, it will then ask for a URL. If you have your car pics out on a server somewhere then that's the address it wants. (picassa, etc.). Now if you want, you can send it to me and I can then put it on my server and then I can send you a link that you can then use. You may already have it somewhere else though. I am sure I'm not the only one wanting to see your car so, let's make it happen. :D
I don't have them posted anywhere but on my computer. If you give me your email I'll send you one or two to put up.

·
Vendor
5,288 Posts
Shaun,

I would love to know the suspension and tire settings on that car. It looks like there are 2 wings under it. What are those?
Street or Track stuff of course! :p Tires are 225/45/17 in the top pic, 225/50/15's in the middle pic and 235/45/17's in the bottom pic.

Perhaps you are seeing my trick double difuser or it could be just my brake ducts or Baer Tracker you see...

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Turn 5, Willow Springs...

Reactions: 120mm

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Turn 5, Willow Springs...
You are seriously running with a bench seat on the track? :shocked:
next you'll be telling us that you Armor All it daily. ...and your fave toy as a kid was a slip-n-slide? If you are, that is the most awesome feat ever. Would love to see interior pics.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Guys,
A shot of the ole Hugger Mugger at NY National Speedway in Sept 1970 and a few of my T/A Camaro...then and now....

Here's a hot of my Camaro at Sebring 1970. Driven by Vince Gimondo and Chuck Dietrich and finished 1st in Class. National T/A # 17, Daytona 1970 # 96, Sebring 1970 # 40.

Here's Camaro at Daytona 24 Hour in 1970. Firestone rep is tryng to convince Vince Gimondo to get rid of the Goodyears. Vince is basically telling him to go to hell, since running the Goodyears was only hope of outrunning (or in the case, outlasting) the Boss 302's!

After restoratiion...

·
Registered
40 Posts
So FredG - Did you just buy the Gimondo Camaro at the Gooding sale in Scottsdale January this year ? ... I was looking at the car there - awesome looking car !!

1 - 20 of 258 Posts