Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Track car pics

117K views 260 replies 98 participants last post by  Mutang 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought it would be cool to have a bunch of track car pics in one thread.
Post em up here.

Of course some great links to historic track cars are here:
Schedule for Historic Trans Am

and here: (prepare to spend hours!!)
Public Home | Gwadagone

and in particular here: (the best series)
TRANS-AM RACING from 1966 to 1972. album | Gwadagone

So anyway, post up your own special track car here.
This is mine just sitting there looking mean.

super size of above: http://sfot.net/MustangPhotos/IMG_3093.JPG

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
All these forums are about the same. The little box you see on the bottom line with the yellow background and mountains is the picture attach button. When clicked, it will then ask for a URL. If you have your car pics out on a server somewhere then that's the address it wants. (picassa, etc.). Now if you want, you can send it to me and I can then put it on my server and then I can send you a link that you can then use. You may already have it somewhere else though. I am sure I'm not the only one wanting to see your car so, let's make it happen. :D

#13 ·
Turn 5, Willow Springs...

Reactions: 120mm
#14 ·
You are seriously running with a bench seat on the track? :shocked:
next you'll be telling us that you Armor All it daily. ...and your fave toy as a kid was a slip-n-slide? If you are, that is the most awesome feat ever. Would love to see interior pics.

#17 ·
Hi Guys,
A shot of the ole Hugger Mugger at NY National Speedway in Sept 1970 and a few of my T/A Camaro...then and now....

Here's a hot of my Camaro at Sebring 1970. Driven by Vince Gimondo and Chuck Dietrich and finished 1st in Class. National T/A # 17, Daytona 1970 # 96, Sebring 1970 # 40.

Here's Camaro at Daytona 24 Hour in 1970. Firestone rep is tryng to convince Vince Gimondo to get rid of the Goodyears. Vince is basically telling him to go to hell, since running the Goodyears was only hope of outrunning (or in the case, outlasting) the Boss 302's!

After restoratiion...

#21 ·
Nope,
I bought the car in 1988. Began the restoration. Legendary finished it. The car was sold at Pebble Beach in August 2008 and resold at Gooding in January 2009. The best part of the whole deal was that over the course of the restoration, I became very good friends with Vince and Arlene Gimondo. He's still got a vault-like memory and his stories are just priceless.
Fred

#24 ·
Bill,
Yeah we were pretty surprised too, as the car was sold at Pebble Beach in August 2008 for $200K give or take with the fees. That buyer is the one who sold it at Gooding for $140K.... so go figure. That's one hell of a hit for only a year and a half... I really don't know what that was all about...hot stuff, huh... Anyway, I thought the $200K was kinda light as well in 2008 as there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what's bringing money and what isn't. Right after resto was completed in 2006 there were several sports celebs that were interested in the car with some pretty big offers to..upwards of $275K. Emotions got in the way though and we just couldn't let it go that soon. Hmmm...
Fred

#30 ·
Alan, Are you planing on bring you car out to the Ford show at Knotts this year? This is the first time I am actually thinking about putting my car in it.

KG
Hey Ken, ... Man I wish I could bring my Mustang out to that show. I've only seen the videos of that show online. Since I'm in Texas, that would be quite a haul for me.

Anyway, your car is so spectacular you should definitely have it in that show. People would go nuts over all the details. I know I'd spend a while crawling all over your car. ...with cotton gloves of course. :)

#27 ·
If the light gets struck by something and it smashes, the hope is that the tape keeps all the pieces together rather than spraying all over the track and causing a bigger clean up.

#31 · (Edited)
The color is the same as the Phil Gallant owned 'Dan Gurney 69 Shelby Team car' and the color is called 'corporate blue'. Here is a link... http://www.trans-amseries.com/Drivers/PhilGallant.htm

The cam is quite street-able with just the right amount of nastiness when you get into it. Thanks for the 'sick' compliment. :)

#36 ·
First took this to the track, now it's retired and will be street-only again:

Then built this for the track:

And then this happened:

Good thing I wasn't driving the fastback....

It's almost repaired, with bigger brakes and a fresh coat of paint, to get back on the track this summer...

#41 · (Edited)
It's just to keep the track clean of debris caused by crashes large and small. Same reason for catch-cans for oil and radiator fluid. ...and i think someone mentioned it before, it looks cool. :cool:

Sometimes you'll see headlight blanks put in. I have a set of spun metal Moon disks that fit perfectly. You won't see it much in drag racing and not at all in NASCAR because those headlights are just decals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.