Vintage Mustang Forums banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Just installed a Weiand mini blower. First pass went 11.60 @ 120
Very nice. Must be a 1/4 mile, as I went 11.2 @ 69 on the 1/8th :pirate: Slow, but as some here know, my 2nd gear band was MIA. I promise to do better next time. :grin2:

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
It's a car on a track! My first autocross in a front engined car. The car has gotten thousands of dollars and many upgrades better in the last 10 months. The old fart driving, not so much!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
The weather has been poor! I've made it to one of 3 locally so far. I was snowing on the first one that I skipped and pouring buckets last weekend.

Reactions: 2nd 66

·
Registered
246 Posts
65 Fastback with 200ci at Streets of Willow

Had a chance to get the camera working on my car- was Streets last week and threw it up on Youtube:

Car ran great and I was able to pass a few folks, so all in all a good day!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Had a chance to get the camera working on my car- was Streets last week and threw it up on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww5Bqd5tKCY

Car ran great and I was able to pass a few folks, so all in all a good day!
What camera are you using in this video? Usuall, gopros mounted in that far back overexpose the outside but that looks pretty good. Also, if you want to add better sound with a relatively cheap investment check out the setup I've used. I've tried a few different mics and keep coming back to this one.

Trackday external mic

·
Registered
246 Posts
What camera are you using in this video? Usuall, gopros mounted in that far back overexpose the outside but that looks pretty good. Also, if you want to add better sound with a relatively cheap investment check out the setup I've used. I've tried a few different mics and keep coming back to this one.

Trackday external mic
It's an Aukey action cam:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071CY4YNT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Appreciate the info on the mic- I'll look into it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I stumbled on an old thumb drive that had a set of these pics from 2008. My first real track day at Buttonwillow. I was living in Phoenix and drove this car up to the track, ran it and drove it home. Way way more to that story than I care to type here but it was an epic roadtrip .

Way more after including its demise. Miss that car.

VP2_2190.JPG

·
Registered
373 Posts
That looks awesome! What happened to the car? Did you sell it?
Back on the road, heading to streets of willow end of Augusts. I'll be taking dash cam video

241 - 258 of 258 Posts