Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good question. I am expecting it to be the first thing that goes. Weak link....
If you aren't launching it hard and hooking up it may last longer than you think. However, I think I have read that a lot of them break hitting third gear just from the power....so good luck! If you look at the post I started I am considering upgrading to a G force gearset before I do a stroker. I figure I can sell my intact and working T5z for enough to cover a lot of the cost of getting a core and installing G force guts myself.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If you aren't launching it hard and hooking up it may last longer than you think. However, I think I have read that a lot of them break hitting third gear just from the power....so good luck! If you look at the post I started I am considering upgrading to a G force gearset before I do a stroker. I figure I can sell my intact and working T5z for enough to cover a lot of the cost of getting a core and installing G force guts myself.
That's what I'll do as well after this one breaks. One of the heavy duty rebuilds. I already have to double clutch 5th gear so needs rebuild...maybe it will last, i am definitely traction limited in the back..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts