Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sample video of some laps I did at The Ridge Motorsports Park recently with Track Night In America. I’ve been doing these events for a couple years and highly recommend them for anyone wanting to get out there and push their rides in a safe environment affordably. I’m putting this here to get a broader audience. I even put a little spot where I forgot my car puts out a little power and I can’t just floor it coming out of the corners. Anyway, enjoy and if you have questions let me know!
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
482 Posts
Those elevation changes with the S look fun. I hope to do these when my '67 is on the road. What tire are you using?

I just did a TNIA a couple weeks ago on the Nashville Superspeedway, in my '15 Miata turbo. They let you pass on the front and back straights (intermediate) but you have to use the infield instead of the banked curves. The transition from flat to banked straight and off again is quite jarring at 90mph. Your track is much longer and smoother. We got 3 heats at ~20 minutes/ heat and I was exhausted by the end, my traps were killing me the next day from trying to keep the car veering left in the 90mph left hand sweeper that transitioned onto the banked straight. Strangely my Miata wheels are 5x114.3 just as the Mustang is if the backspaces weren't so different I'd have 1 set of track tires for both cars.

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
It appears you know that track very well. Nice apexes too. Will have to lookup Ridge. My home track is was Summit Point. That's were I worked toward my Regional when they first opened in the '68-69. Nice vid!
Wanna share your car's stats?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those elevation changes with the S look fun. I hope to do these when my '67 is on the road. What tire are you using?
I run BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2’s currently. I have ran Federal before and didn’t have issues. Someday I’ll step up to a track tire but for now I’m good with street tires. I run advanced so you can pass in corners as well, I used to only run intermediate because I felt guilty if I was holding anyone up but I ended up going back because intermediate was more clogged. Personal preference I suppose.
Wanna share your car's stats?
331, Holley Terminator fuel injection, T5, Street or Track coil over front, Mike Maier leafs and panhard bar, QP 9 inch with 3.50 and Wilwood’s all around.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Awesome car and video Master Chief! Are you still running sans fan? I seem to remember you trying it out some time back but not sure where you landed on that. My dad was a Master Chief too (though he retired as a Warrant Officer) Thanks for your service. kip

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome car and video Master Chief! Are you still running sans fan? I seem to remember you trying it out some time back but not sure where you landed on that. My dad was a Master Chief too (though he retired as a Warrant Officer) Thanks for your service. kip
Lol, good memory. Yes I run without the fan and that seems to help. I also started just blasting the heat at my feet and that worked wonders this last go around. I’m just not willing to open up the front end or take the condenser off since it’s primarily a driver. I’ll likely put a better radiator on this year but other than that I was happy.

Reactions: Badbenz94 and TB350

·
Registered
355 Posts
I run BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2’s currently. I have ran Federal before and didn’t have issues. Someday I’ll step up to a track tire but for now I’m good with street tires. I run advanced so you can pass in corners as well, I used to only run intermediate because I felt guilty if I was holding anyone up but I ended up going back because intermediate was more clogged. Personal preference I suppose.

331, Holley Terminator fuel injection, T5, Street or Track coil over front, Mike Maier leafs and panhard bar, QP 9 inch with 3.50 and Wilwood’s all around.
Any idea what the 331 is putting down in terms of power? Nice looking car, cool track and fun video.

·
Registered
1966 Coupe
230 Posts
[
Seeing chrome fenders on a racetrack really is a joy to behold. (y) (y)

QUOTE="sr1032, post: 10646587, member: 91185"]
Sample video of some laps I did at The Ridge Motorsports Park recently with Track Night In America. I’ve been doing these events for a couple years and highly recommend them for anyone wanting to get out there and push their rides in a safe environment affordably. I’m putting this here to get a broader audience. I even put a little spot where I forgot my car puts out a little power and I can’t just floor it coming out of the corners. Anyway, enjoy and if you have questions let me know!
View attachment 841414
View attachment 841412
View attachment 841413
View attachment 841416
View attachment 841415
View attachment 841411
[/QUOTE]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts