Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attended a Track Night in America? The low track fees are intriguing and worrying at the same time. I've heard mixed reviews, but nothing too scary - or overly glowing.

I could drive to one of the two local tracks that morning and be back that night, so no hotel costs. Also track insurance is super cheap (through Hagerty). All in I'd be about under $300, while *just* the track fees at other track days are $300-$400. Money is tight so I need to spend wiser lol.

Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here’s a list of their events. Mostly aimed at street legal cars, but that’s ok too.

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events

Yes - they don't allow pure race cars. Kind of like how Optima Street Car Challenge used to be. I would have to get a waiver for my car (no headlights), but they say that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm seriously considering at least one day. If it's a sh*t show, I can always leave early.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hi Sparky, this could be interesting. I am trying to make Ride and Drive this year. Picked up a new helmet and the car could be track ready with a couple weekends of work. My budget is also tight but would like to make it to the track.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Sparky, this could be interesting. I am trying to make Ride and Drive this year. Picked up a new helmet and the car could be track ready with a couple weekends of work. My budget is also tight but would like to make it to the track.

I doubt I can make RnD, but one of the Track Nights might work! I'll keep you updated. :)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Track Night in America is the SCCA's way to get more people on the track in street cars. It's legit and administered by the same org that is the largest club sports car racing sanction in the US. The hope is you'll dig it and either go racing or solo. It's a response to NASA's HPDE and time trials programs. NASA's HPDE program predated the Optima program by several years.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Track Night in America is the SCCA's way to get more people on the track in street cars. It's legit and administered by the same org that is the largest club sports car racing sanction in the US. The hope is you'll dig it and either go racing or solo. It's a response to NASA's HPDE and time trials programs. NASA's HPDE program predated the Optima program by several years.

Cool, thanks for the tips! Optima SCC is dead to me, so this "program" is appealing to me.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Cool, thanks for the tips! Optima SCC is dead to me, so this "program" is appealing to me.
The Ride and Drive is out for me. I am going to DC with my wife on a business trip that weekend. August or September could be a realistic goal for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts