Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shaun said:
Sure looks like the tires went to sh*t half way through...
You are correct! There's nothing left of them, I used em, rotated em, flipped them and rotated them again...got my moneys worth out of those babies :thumbsup:

I'm gonna try the Nitto NT-01's and see how they pan out. The track tech guys almost didn't let me on track this time from the lack of tread, they thought they were slicks and they only allow DOT's on Wednesdays. Good thing they like the car ;)

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shaun said:
Those 4.11's sure use up the gears fast too...
That's the truth! As I pass the concrete wall on the left down the front straight I'm also up against the rev limiter. It's the only place on the track where that happens, that was not done by mistake. Now if I go somewhere else, hard to tell how it would do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mark, Would you mind me asking, what rear tyre diametre and what rpm you run. If you know what top mph is. I'm thinking of changing dif gears and I'm gathering info. Thinking 3.9s though for mine.
Thanks
Al

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for that
Found an online thing that said mine would be
3.9 gears 23 3/4" tyre 7000rpm 127mph
I'm tempted, could be a winter project.

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
ALAN6773 said:
Thanks for that
Found an online thing that said mine would be
3.9 gears 23 3/4" tyre 7000rpm 127mph
I'm tempted, could be a winter project.
'Winter' as in crappy non-driving classic Mustang weather? Isn't that at least half to three quarters of the year over there?!

·
Registered
28 Posts
You know it, we've probally had 3 good weekends so far. We must have good drainage, the whole country should have sunk by now :eek:)
Oh well plenty of garage time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts