Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Alexa always knows when my stuff is going to be delivered. I keep asking how many people Hillary has killed and Alexa always replies "Sorry, I cant find that answer."

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
To show how crazy USPS is I ordered some oil filters on fleabay from a local car dealer, which was way cheaper than stopping in and buying them. I asked the dealer if I could pick them up since I live 3 miles from the dealer, nope they were being shipped. So my package goes from Mesa AZ to Albuquerque NM, stays a day to get some good food I guess and then travels all the way back to Phoenix AZ. The package gets to the main USPS hub in Phoenix, and stays there for 4 more days before going the last 4 miles to where I can pick it up.

Good thing I didn't order a prescription by mail as I could have been dead by the time it arrived.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Last couple of UPS drivers to the house have been driving personal vehicles--- One Honda Element and one Toyoter of some sort. I talked to a driver and he told me they are Christmas busy ,Like 125% over normal,but with Covid they don`t get a swamper .So just one guy on the truck instead of 2.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Alexa always knows when my stuff is going to be delivered. I keep asking how many people Hillary has killed and Alexa always replies "Sorry, I cant find that answer."
Be careful what you say to Alexa or even around Alexa since you don't really know when she is listening. You don't really know who she is working for or reporting to.

(While the above is posted in humor, it does make me wonder about privacy these days. And not just the "smart" devices like Alexa. We really don't know when the microphones on our cell phones are active.)

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Online tracking for my new Coyote told me it would be delivered yesterday. Got up, had area cleared out, tractor pulled down the drive with forks on. Finally about noon get a call from UPS Freight, confirming delivery for Wed afternoon. She was apologetic, said that happens all the time. Freight arrives at the local distribution center on Friday, computer puts it down for Monday delivery, and on Monday they start scheduling for the week. Bummer!

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
and USPS strikes again. Ordered a carburetor for my weedeater that shipped from California on Monday, showing to arrive today. Last scan was Carson CA on Tuesday and now the arrival date is gone, and it just says arriving late. No more scans since Tuesday.

737 Max...

I wouldn’t be using commercial air travel as a good standard for customer service.
That is the most irrelevant attempt at a comparison that I’ve ever seen. Actually, it’s flat out dumb and shows your continuing quest to follow me around and say stupid stuff. It’s funny how many PMs I’ve received from other members who have noticed the same.

I made a comparison directly related to what I do, and how I provide customer service. You made a left field BS comment that applies to nothing.

the Max “issues” aren’t even related to customer service in the way I was referring to.

again, you believe too much media hype, because the 737 MAX never had issues like the media hype leads you to believe. This was a training problem from the beginning, which is why Boeing can’t “fix” the airplane.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The plane was programmed to point the nose down if the engine speed dropped. That is fixable.

Back to the topic, CJPP shipped my order in 4 packages through fedex ground. They left the same facility on the same day. 3 showed up early, and 1 showed up late. CJPP didn't send everything and they had sorted my items by package and affixed tracking numbers to the items. Everyone of them was wrong. Both suppliers and shippers are dropping the ball because of work load. Either too many orders, and/or workers missing. Both will blame the other and both are too "overwhelmed" to answer the phone or an email.

Covid is an easy excuse for everything.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Guess I've been lucky with receiving from USPS, UPS, Amazon trucks as well as my shipping. There have been a couple day-later deliveries than stated. I'm ok considering during the pandemic we have on-line ordered nearly everything we used to buy at brick and mortar. I can imagine the logistics of carriers.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just another data point.

After many UPS delivery delays and outright failures, I started using USPS. There was also cost -- the box that cost me $2 and change to ship USPS would have cost over $5 via UPS, for MUCH slower delivery. For fifteen years I ran a side business shipping all over the world and to every US state and territory. Almost every single package went out via USPS. I'd say 90% were First Class packages and the rest were Priority Mail, mostly the small flat-rate boxes.

Priority Mail was more trackable when I started, but eventually everything had a tracking number and eventually even got scanned everywhere. Even the First Class packages usually arrived in 2-3 days CONUS, but could take a little longer. Overseas -- good luck! Depended on the destination country's mail service. If you ship to Italy or parts fo South America, I give your package a 50% chance of showing up. Most places were OK, even if slow, and in most of the UK they'd try to collect import duty even though none was due.

USPS outright lost about one every other year on average... out of a couple thousand packages that I shipped per year. Most showed as having been delivered, so I would guess they got delivered to the wrong place, or someone just tossed the box or whatever. No matter, I self-insured and if the box didn't arrive I shipped a replacement. Occasionally a box would show up weeks or even months after I sent it, marked as "Undeliverable" for one reason or another.

I think USPS delivery may suck in some places due to the local PO management or a particular carrier, but I had very good results with them for a very long time. Enough that I spent several thousand dollars a year on postage and kept a supply of USPS mail tubs at the house to carry stuff to the post office.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
The plane was programmed to point the nose down if the engine speed dropped. That is fixable.

Back to the topic, CJPP shipped my order in 4 packages through fedex ground. They left the same facility on the same day. 3 showed up early, and 1 showed up late. CJPP didn't send everything and they had sorted my items by package and affixed tracking numbers to the items. Everyone of them was wrong. Both suppliers and shippers are dropping the ball because of work load. Either too many orders, and/or workers missing. Both will blame the other and both are too "overwhelmed" to answer the phone or an email.

Covid is an easy excuse for everything.

ahhhhh not to derail this wonderful USPS thread, but I’ve flown quite a few different aircraft types and I’ve yet to ever fly one that the nose doesn’t come down when you reduce the power. Physics are real. I’d look at training requirements of third world countries before I’d point the finger ;)

All fly by wire airplanes do the same thing, because that’s how the engineers develop the “natural feel” of flying a conventional airplane into a fly by wire airplane. The Airbus does the same thing. Actually, at 50’ AGL, the Airbus purposely pitches the nose over, in order for the pilot to add back pressure on the side stick to simulate a flare in a conventional airplane.

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
USPS flat out sucks. I frequently get empty boxes from USPS, deliveries that tracking is unreliable or just stops working, or tracking that’s just flat out wrong. I couldn’t tell you the last time I received something on time from USPS. Worst service in the planet.
Here's my latest. Who knows where this is? Apparently USPS doesn't. Customer must have it since he hasn't called or emailed. I hate working by assumption....

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
That is the most irrelevant attempt at a comparison that I’ve ever seen. Actually, it’s flat out dumb and shows your continuing quest to follow me around and say stupid stuff. It’s funny how many PMs I’ve received from other members who have noticed the same.
Remove your foil. No one is following you around, least not me. How this forum thing works is people post and others respond. Your posts contain generalizations, stereotypes, paranoia, falsehoods and denial. If you don’t care how others respond perhaps you should reconsider what you post.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Remove your foil. No one is following you around, least not me. How this forum thing works is people post and others respond. Your posts contain generalizations, stereotypes, paranoia, falsehoods and denial. If you don’t care how others respond perhaps you should reconsider what you post.
My posts contain none of that. In fact, you can’t point to any of that in your reply to me in this thread. I’d say your post about the 737 max is quite hypocritical, considering the statement you just made about me, but that’s exactly what you are, so I’m not surprised. You’re nothing but a self absorbed troll, with an overinflated sense of self worth. Just because someone says something you don’t agree with, doesn’t make them any of the things you just listed, but your conceited attitude will never let you see past that.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts