Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is a get-what-you-pay-for deal. Has anyone here tried these?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Maybe this is a get-what-you-pay-for deal. Has anyone here tried these?

I had that style in my narrowed 8.8. It worked well. That being said I am building a 9" and have the Eaton Truetrac on order. No maintenance, and appears to be bullet proof. For a little over $100 more it seemed like a no brainer. Everyone on here seems to swear by them...

·
Spammer Hammer
11,309 Posts
If you buy from Terry Todd (I cant remember his eBay name...wildhorse or something like that) you will get a very nice product. His direct email is [email protected]. He is a eBay seller, but if you contact him direct he doesn't have to to pay eBay fees and can charge you less.

I would also highly recommend Quick Performance in Ames, IA.

* NOTE: I am NOT a spammer, so don't be reporting me. *

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
pollock,
The currently offered billet steel traction locks are very good. I have used them in high HP ( 700+) applications and they do not hurt the side cover that usually breaks out. A bargain for the price and smooth operation.
Randy

Reactions: pollock

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like QP has a very similar one for $310. The Eaton costs enough more that I would probably never shell out for it.

Full disclosure - this is for my F100, which I am less willing to throw money at. My Mustang has a Powertrax.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
If you buy from Terry Todd (I cant remember his eBay name...wildhorse or something like that) you will get a very nice product. His direct email is [email protected]. He is a eBay seller, but if you contact him direct he doesn't have to to pay eBay fees and can charge you less.

I would also highly recommend Quick Performance in Ames, IA.

* NOTE: I am NOT a spammer, so don't be reporting me. *
I lived in Ames for 11 years and somehow have never heard of Quick Performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts