Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of good 72/73 seat risers that are different than the rusted one from my 71 Mach (11/70 build date). Anyone have good 71 risers with the oval holes as opposed to the square holes?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
i think the only diffrence in seat risers on 71 -73 is by the body style, not build date, if you decide to sell the ones you have i am interested.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think there was a difference either until I sat them side by side last night. The one that came out of my car has oval cutouts near the rear bolt mounts and a couple of thin linear, concave ribs on the top surface. The ones I have from a donor car have square holes and a large square indention in the center of the top surface. I assume the large square recess was for the upcoming power seats, seat buzzers and such. I can use the ones I have as far as fit is concerned, but I want to keep all the welded parts as correct as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts