Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a Grab-a-Trak Spring and Handling Kit on my 66 C-code back in 2005. I've been very happy with it, but my taste has changed since then and I want to go back to stock suspension. Unfortunately I discarded my original springs and front sway bar. So I'm interested in trading Grab-a-Trak parts for your good condition originals. This is a great deal if you're looking for a nice firm street suspension!

I'm offering:
* GaT 620 front coils, 1" lowering
* GaT 4.5 Leaf Standard Eye Rear Leaf Springs
* GaT 1" Front Sway Bar
* Polyurethane 1" Front Sway Bar Frame Bushing Kit
* 3/4" Rear Sway Bar Kit
* KYB Excel G Front and Rear Shocks with about 3 years and 15,000 miles on them.

These parts have been on a California car for 13 years which was occasionally driven in the rain but never saw salt. They are not beautiful but they're perfectly functional and make the car a blast to drive. Flat, responsive cornering without a spine-jarring ride.

In exchange I'm looking for a set of original front coils, rear leafs, and front sway bar from a 1966 C-code automatic no-A/C car from California or the Southwest. Not interested in coil springs that have been cut or torched, or broken or damaged rear leafs.

Anybody interested?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck I guess but
I thought I explained my reasoning pretty clearly. I know a lot of people are all about maximum performance, and I was too when I was a kid and put this suspension on this car. But I don't track this car and I drive the speed limit on public roads. I don't need maximum performance; I'd rather preserve the car and enjoy driving a time machine. So I think it makes sense to trade suspensions with someone who is interested in performance.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I put a Grab-a-Trak Spring and Handling Kit on my 66 C-code back in 2005. I've been very happy with it, but my taste has changed since then and I want to go back to stock suspension. Unfortunately I discarded my original springs and front sway bar. So I'm interested in trading Grab-a-Trak parts for your good condition originals. This is a great deal if you're looking for a nice firm street suspension!

I'm offering:
* GaT 620 front coils, 1" lowering
* GaT 4.5 Leaf Standard Eye Rear Leaf Springs
* GaT 1" Front Sway Bar
* Polyurethane 1" Front Sway Bar Frame Bushing Kit
* 3/4" Rear Sway Bar Kit
* KYB Excel G Front and Rear Shocks with about 3 years and 15,000 miles on them.

These parts have been on a California car for 13 years which was occasionally driven in the rain but never saw salt. They are not beautiful but they're perfectly functional and make the car a blast to drive. Flat, responsive cornering without a spine-jarring ride.

In exchange I'm looking for a set of original front coils, rear leafs, and front sway bar from a 1966 C-code automatic no-A/C car from California or the Southwest. Not interested in coil springs that have been cut or torched, or broken or damaged rear leafs.

Anybody interested?
PM sent.

Allen

·
Super Moderator
8,920 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Please update your OP as you swap things.
Ive got an OE V8 sway bar 5/8ths, right? Still on the car I drive every so I'd want yours first:) The rears Im pretty sure I want mid-eyes though.
The rest I dont need and Ive long scrapped mine.
I do have a bare 14" 5 lug wheel or two I could get haggled out of if you need a spare or some such.

LMK:wave:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone who responded. Unfortunately another project has taken up residence in my garage space now, so my '66 is going to have to live with its current suspension setup for a while. Sorry for leading anyone on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts