Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember this Thread.

For those that have received emails from this guy. He gets your attention by showing interest in something your involved with or do, and after he has your attention, he then promotes his site "The Insider's List" as one he has had good results at, as a customer, and never reveals that he actually owns the site. Once you respond to his email, he then subscribes you to the his mailing list without your consent.

Just to mention, this guy gets down right personal with you, as if he has known you for a long time, or one of your best friends referred you to him.

Anyway, 2 weeks a go, after him coming on the VMF and trying to solicit here on the forum, I emailed him plus sent him a private message, informing him that his techniques won't fly here, and he would have better reception if he came clean, and just informed folks here of his website, and to check it out, than trying to use his sneaky tactics.

Well my PM and email was picked up and read over a week a go, and yet still no response from him. via email or publicly on the forum.

IMO, This guy is a looser, and will do anything to get your email address. I have already added his email address [email protected] to my blocked list, and will quickly add any other emails coming from him or his website using other possibly addresses in the future, and would strongly suggest doing the same unless your into this SPAM thing.

I have given him the benifit of the doubt, and offered him the chance to come back to the VMF and try again! I guess it's not that important to him?

Just thought I would pass this along, incase anyone else had been stung by him.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I've been getting a bunch of spam from his site lately and have been having it directed to the deleted items folder. I was wondering how he got my e-mail address and now I think I know...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Shame we have to expose ourselves to scum like this through sites hosted by Saints like Bob!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
IMHO, only a pedifile is lower than a SPAMMER. I HATE SPAMMERS!

"Comming Clean" is the LAST thing on every SPAMMERS mind. I run my own mail server just so I have the ability to control SPAM. I only get SPAMMED by someone once ... then they get a nice 503 error ... "Acess Denied" from then on, and they aren't allowed to even make a connection to my server, let alone continue their SPAMMING.

Did I mention I HATE SPAMMERS?!?!?!

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
Here's his last email (kind of tricky) so others know what to look for:

Hi,

I had sent you an email a while back asking if you had any classic cars
or parts for sale or if you were looking for anything but I have not
heard back from you.

I would appreciate it if you could let me know either way.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
he's also on my block sender list.....along with about 2000 others lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts