Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
It had been a pretty steady, decent meet. Not the size of Pate (old or new) by any means. IIRC you have to pay for parking. I would go but am out of the country.

·
Registered
484 Posts
We went today. I haven't been to it in many years and thought to give it a try. Unfortunately its on my don't go to list again. Not many vendors. We were there maybe 45 minutes and went through everything. About the size of 1/3 the size of a HD parking lot and lots of empty spaces.

Though we did stop in and walk around Summit for a bit. The first time I have been there. I usually avoid that area as the traffic is horrendous most of the time.

We will go to Decatur as classic mustang parts is always there( decent prices on many parts and will deliver orders to the swapmeet for free) that is assuming she can drop her trip that weekend. Haven't been to it in a while either. It has generally had more parts for pre 1960 cars as thats the group that started that swapmeet many years ago. Unfortunately it seems that it's always wet and muddy there...

·
Dimples
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, I barely missed you. It was small but that made it handy. I was able to sell some stuff to one vendor and got a fair deal on some window felts from Kieth. He had a lot of new and used Mustang stuff like he always does.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Man, I barely missed you. It was small but that made it handy. I was able to sell some stuff to one vendor and got a fair deal on some window felts from Kieth. He had a lot of new and used Mustang stuff like he always does.
I was looking more for sheet metal. Is Kieth the guy that always posts on craigslist in Haltom city? We walked around Traders village for a few minutes cause we were there too. Seems everyone is buying pallets of tools there and reselling them. I don't even ask the price cause they usually want as much as refurbished tools with a warranty.

If she can't drop her trip on the weekend of the Decatur swap meet I'll let you know. I may take the trailer just in case and it's not a pain of a trip to take it there since it's not too far.

Not sure how much I will be getting as I am just about done with demo stage in the house and about to start building the new bathroom so that will take up time and funds. Going to look at the fenders and quarters a little closer and see if they are worth saving as that would save a few $ and maybe some fitment issues.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sorry to hear it has declined. We used to have spaces there and always had a good time. I guess Pate is the only one we will have spaces. Decatur is another good one... or used to be.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Sorry to hear it has declined. We used to have spaces there and always had a good time. I guess Pate is the only one we will have spaces. Decatur is another good one... or used to be.
Pate is obviously the best. Decatur has always been hit and miss. I haven't been in about 5 years so will see next month but they have improved the grounds there. Much flatter and they have taken out a bunch of the superfluous fences on the property. The buildings are iffy as in the past they had a couple light bulbs hanging from the ceiling so while you were inside it was like a cave, I hope they have put in some sort of lighting.

The swapmeet at the cats field was good however it moved because they thought a drive in theater was a good idea. (A theater that will only be there for less than 10 years because it will be torn down and the area flooded as part of the river)

Lonestar park has one or two a year one usually earhart and its usually a decent swapmeet. It and pate are the main ones left now.

Pate had a hard start at the racetrack. The first couple years there were awful. Inside on the rock and boulders and you had to walk down the stands and across the track to the swapmeet. Not to mention they were forcing everyone to get temp sales tax permits for the weekend. It has taken a while for them to learn from their mistakes but it has rebounded and lately it's been bigger than it was at the Pate museum. But the old pate had a much better food vendor policy and allowed outside vendors without taking all the profits. There were some good ones back then and affordable food. Not to mention they set up generators and power to some spots, phone booths and ATMs all in a field in the middle of nowhere...

Also make sure to grab a burger at Giant burger in Rhome after going to Pate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts