Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current SWMBO's output dropped to zero some time ago. Getting a sexier, high-output model that is better equipped. This unfortunately means the Henry Ford Clinic must find new management. Anyone willing to take over SWMBO payments gets garage thrown in. (Mustangs not included)

WARNING: Cost to Output ratio is negative.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Let me take SWMBO for a "test drive", ill think about the offer then. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know how you feel. My SWMBO's output dropped to zero way back to. Been searching for awhile so many different models to choose from. I think I will continue to shop and test drive untill I find one that likes cars and looks good in (on) a convertable

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Could it be that your current SWMBO's output dropped to zero because you didn't perform normal routine service? You must not have changed her oil enough....
:^)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Sounds to me like you got screwed, just not in the way you had in mind /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I attempted service many times but the drain plug was rusted shut. Thanks for helpful hints.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
nothing a sharp rap from a five foot long cheater bar wouldnt help!!!!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Insist on a daily tuneup with the new model and hopefully you won't run into those problems again. Carefull though, looking at the cost of a new one, you may encounter sticker shock....

good luck

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Perhaps another mechanic worked on her and broke something?
Maybe you should come to Indy and go to Ed Pinkley motors and get her a new Taurus? I know once my SWMBO had me driving her Pinkley Taurus it drove her....*WILD* /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
You guys have me rolling on the floor here. My coworkers are getting nervous. Pinkly Taurus! Sheeeesh!

I'm racking my brain trying to come up with a witty reply, but no way I can keep up with you guys!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
To trade in your current ride is a common desire, but one that should be pondered thoroughly before proceeding, for both emotional and economical reasons.

Why do you feel the need for an SHO model? Does your lifestyle and income merit such an upgrade? Remember that a high performance model always requires additional servicing even after acquisition.....

Often, the perceived problem with the existing model is one that can be corrected. Maintenance is imperative....Has regularly scheduled maintenance been performed properly?

If so, below is a list of reported current model problem areas:

- Malfuntioning lubrication system
- Excessive or loud exhaust gases
- Overtorqued intake
- warped head
- improperly mounted imput shaft
- non-positraction rear end
- deflated airbags
- unbalanced drive shaft

Upgrade costs are usually far in excess of current payments, thus trade-in should be considered carefully. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Dickson

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
IN THE FUTURE JUST RENT DONT BUY /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

LMMFAO!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Have you tried a japanese model, or any from asia? You can get a lot of service from them, but when they need some maintanence, it costs a lot (parts/accessories can be expensive). However, if you get one with the right look, all of your friends will want to take it for a ride. Too bad though, they'll have to get their own. Some older folks might frown upon you because they want you to stay with an american model.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome to the club; however, we have no official club meetings. It is remarkably clear that there are a lot of used SWMBO’s available. They are a lot like used cars, the younger better looking SWMBO’s are more expensive; routine maintenance is much higher on these models; usually they are traded in because of one or more defects with the exception of those with deceased prior owners. These defects are usually found within a through one or two month test drive. Make sure you use rubber gloves during these test drives lest you develop a personal defect.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts