Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving my 65 coupe, for almost a week now. The tranny had been working fine all this time, until yesterday. I was driving around having fun, when I noticed that the engine was reving too high. I realized that the trans isn't making the last shift. A friend of mine suggested that it could be a loose vaccum hose. To be honest, I don't even know were to begin looking. Any ideas on what could be wrong? The other thing is that if it needs to be replaced, I was actually thinking of buying a parts car, like a 80's crown vic, to make it in to an EFI, the only thing that Im concearned with is the differential being too wide for the car. Thanks in advance for the help

Luis

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Look on the bottom on the tranny, passenger side and you should see a vacuum modulator. It is a little round unit that his on the side of the tranny, behind the bell housing. That modulator should have a nipple with a short rubber hose hooked to a metal vacuum line that runs up the top of the tranny to the back of the engine compartment and hook to a port in the intake manifold. Make sure the rubber line is hooked up properly....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts