Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does anybody recognise washer in the attached picture? I found it when I have disassembled automatic transmission from the '68 289 engine. I'm not sure if it is related to the transmission. Any help?
IMG_20200105_195335.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,096 Posts
That looks like the cover off a neutral safety switch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody recognise this part? I found it just after removal of the transmission but it can be just a coincidence...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the precise cut edges and notches, it's probably half of a spacer/retainer. What kind of a trans do you have?
Here are the pictures of the transmission. In fact this part looks like half. Also, there are scratches like after rotation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If it was found inside the bell housing, it would have to be from the flex plate, torque converter, front trans pump or starter as there is no other way it could get into that area (normally).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty sure that it was in the bell. When I disconnected the transmission a lot of oil came out from the converter (I forgot to empty the oil before). Than I found this part in the mess of fluid...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts