Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my plans to rebuild the original 3 speed trans for my car are not going to happen. we had a friend of my dads look at it and it is not economically repairable. does anyone know a place where i can get a good used 3 speed toploader for a 67 mustang on long island. i am only looking for a 3 speed toploader. it must be in good condition no bearing whine no leaks shifts smoothly. one that will last a good long time in heavy use. preferably not to expensive. can anyone help me.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have one out of a 66 289,I'm north of Long island(westchester county).I'd be willing to sell or trade it but I don't know what you consider cheap? If you have a possible interest please feel free to shoot me a P/M Thanks

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does it work well shift smooth no leaks no noise. and around 100 to 200 dollars.

·
Registered
583 Posts
bb schools dude you know i have to help out as a fellow 3 speeder. by the way i just got mine working proery. yea usually no one really likes the 3 speed so not very many people carry them i do have a parts tranny but i live in cali and i dont think you want that tranny anyway. you cant even usualy pull them off falcon, fairlanes either because they have column shifts i believe. but if that is not true then you should check that out remember man most those parts are interchangeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts