Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm finishing up tidying my trap door section and trying to get rid of any rattles on my 69 Mach 1. I see some videos and pictures online where there is actual carpet that extend pass the trap door and into the trunk. Mine do not have that. Where is this carpet coming from? Is this factory or something people add just to get rid of any rattle and seal the trap door better? An example is in the picture below. Thanks!

Vehicle Car Trunk Hood Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hey guys, I'm finishing up tidying my trap door section and trying to get rid of any rattles on my 69 Mach 1. I see some videos and pictures online where there is actual carpet that extend pass the trap door and into the trunk. Mine do not have that. Where is this carpet coming from? Is this factory or something people add just to get rid of any rattle and seal the trap door better? An example is in the picture below. Thanks!

I replaced the carpet in my 70 many years ago. The original had the excess carpet and so did the new carpet that I bought through NPD.

Spliffy

·
Registered
65 GT 4 speed/69 SCJ 4 speed
1,809 Posts
As mention above and shown in the video... the original 69 carpet ran into the trunk area and there was no chrome trim piece covering it. In 69 and maybe 70 Ford did not cover that area with anything. So the carpet ran wild and only the latch plate and glue held the carpet down. Not liking that look I bought off ebay a chrome trim piece 130A26 for my 69 car. A common part for 65 and maybe up to 68 ? Does it quiet the rattles ? Don't know but the sound deadener sure helps. Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
36,977 Posts
In mid-1968 Ford eliminated the rear piece of chrome trim on the rear panel as a cost-reduction. To secure the rear edge of the carpet, it was wrapped under the rear edge of the panel and stapled to the steel.

·
Registered
1966 GT Fastback, 289 EFI, T5z
571 Posts

View attachment 815069

View attachment 815072

I just bought some bulk carpeting and cut it to fit over the Dynamat, under the fold down seat and extended it into the trunk. Very easy to do and it helps with noise and rattles.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Asphalt
Automotive tire Hood Musical instrument Guitar Wood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts