Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I know that area. Grew up about 8 miles from there. I even recognize that view of the picture. Gotta ask my mom about it since she still lives there and gets that paper.
Sad end to a nice car.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
One of the reports says 72 year old man. Hope he didn't get into the Mustang by mistake thinking it was his Buick!!!??!!?! That Mustang looks built to the hilt- huge rear tires. Poor car... hope the guy's ok too.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
he should have turn the ignition to OFF or put it neutral or pushed the clutch depending on the transmission. i bet he needed some depends ! i cannot see how his foot got tangled in the gas and brake pedals unless he has them almost touching. heel , heel , heel and toe ! thats a perfect body to turn into a NASA race car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's tragic, I hope the guy is OK. Looks like it used to be a beautiful car. My throttle linkage got stuck one time while driving, and it scared the hell out of me. I just killed the engine with the key, though.

·
Registered
285 Posts
he should have turn the ignition to OFF or put it neutral or pushed the clutch depending on the transmission. i bet he needed some depends ! i cannot see how his foot got tangled in the gas and brake pedals unless he has them almost touching. heel , heel , heel and toe ! thats a perfect body to turn into a NASA race car.
In my Jeep i had some floor mats that kind of had the raised bumps/sections to trap mud off your boots and I will be damned if one time I didnt get my foot stuck like that. I was wearing my work boots with a heel and large steel toe, it somehow got jammed into the floormat and forced my foot at an angle that got it stuck on the gas/brake pedal. Luckily it is a 4 speed and I just pushed in the clutch and ripped my foot out of there.

I did some research afterward though and this stuff happens more than you think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts