Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a few questions regarding a tremec 3550 in a 1966 fastback, the car came with the tremec 3550 in it , I am are now restoring the car, Tunnel was not cut by previous owner other then hacked up near the shifter hole, so i have a few questions on this subject, we are going to cut the tunnel to get a better driveline angle, the question i have is with the 3550 tremec, is it the same length in regards to shifter hole on tunnel , Is a custom driveshaft needed? i bought a NEPM crossmember and it doesnt line up with the transmission mount and mounting holes on frame, Holes are offset and hits tranmission, . Does anyone have one installed to see its location , any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I Have a few questions regarding a tremec 3550 in a 1966 fastback, the car came with the tremec 3550 in it , I am are now restoring the car, Tunnel was not cut by previous owner other then hacked up near the shifter hole, so i have a few questions on this subject, we are going to cut the tunnel to get a better driveline angle, the question i have is with the 3550 tremec, is it the same length in regards to shifter hole on tunnel , Is a custom driveshaft needed? i bought a NEPM crossmember and it doesnt line up with the transmission mount and mounting holes on frame, Holes are offset and hits tranmission, . Does anyone have one installed to see its location , any help would be much appreciated
IMO the only way to accurately modify the tunnel/cross-member is to mock up the engine & trans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts