Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a group buy on Tremec transmissions sometime in August. These will be purchased for hundreds under retail value. If you think you might be interested, please email me with your name and Tremec transmission that you are interested in buying. In return, I will disclose prices. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me. The targeted date for the purchase is August 14th.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I may be interested, but I'm sort of a transmission neanderthal. What exactly is a Tremec? 4-sp? 5-sp? AOD? What different Tremecs are available under this group buy? Thanks

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A tremec transmission is a five speed manual transmission. They come in a few different varieties depending on the amount of power/torque your car produces. The most common two are the 3550 and TKO. The 3550 is easily adapted to your existing driveline and can use the standard 10 spline clutch setup. The TKO, however, is much stronger, and you must use a GM style 26 spline clutch setup (eventually planning a group buy on these as well). The advantages of the Tremec over a standard t-5 is durability and longevity. Try a search for Tremecs on either the forum or the net. I too was once a transmission neanderthal. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me.

Deathman68

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some specs:

Tremec 3550:
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Lb/Ft Input Output
3.27 1.98 1.34 1.00 0.68 350 10 28

Tremec TKO:

The TKO is very similar to the 3550, but is capable of 400+ ft/lbs of torque and has a much beefier third gear.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In response to recent emails, this offer can also be extended to all other Tremec transmissions (not just the 3550 and TKO).

Deathman68

1 - 6 of 6 Posts