Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a test fit on the 302, it is apparent that the tri-y headers will be directly in the way of the z-bar mount on the engine. I must have the tri-y's made for an automatic tranny... but I don't remember being asked about it... %^@$##@$%@#..... now I have to use some [censored] headers I had as extras... the damn Tri-y's were nickel plated, pretty, and somewhat expensive. SON OF A @#$$%!

Anyone have this problem? I've heard about having to dimple the headers, but I'd have to redesign the entire damn thing.

Thespazardman

·
Registered
29 Posts
Really sorry to hear of your troubles ... "I hate it when that happens".

Please allow some of us who are in the middle of making a decision on Tri-Y's or other headers to benefit from your less than ideal experience.

Who manufactured the Tri-Y's that are causing your problems and where did you buy them?
Brian

1965 Mustang 2+2
1970 Bronco

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Sounds like you have the wrong (for the application) Z bar. .... Shelby had no problem with the application of manual trans and tri-wyes.

Jeff Speegle
MCA Shelby Gold Card

www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6473/
Mustang & Shelby research, documentation, and help.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1609818&a=12284202&p=44925357.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
My tri-y's clear the z bar on my 65. they are not even close??
Jeff the fiberfab looks terrific!!!! What are those knock off hubs???

M.C.A.# 50000
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575692&a=11979479&p=43517165.jpg

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have the wrong Z-bar... I guess I wasn't aware that there were two different Z-bars in 68. However, my Tri-Y's interfere so much, I can't imagine what Z-bar could possibly help.

For now, I'll be investigating what it will take to have my other set of headers coated so they look at least decent. They fit around the Z-bar with no troubles. They were obviously made with the Z-bar in mind.

Thespazardman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts