Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can’t seem to find the trim piece that goes around the rear seat latch On NPD or CJ’s
Is it not made??

·
Premium Member
13,228 Posts
Which year? They are different. According to information in another thread it appears that whomever was repopping the seat back latch parts has discontinued them. Apparently it was an extremely low volume part.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Which year? They are different. According to information in another thread it appears that whomever was repopping the seat back latch parts has discontinued them. Apparently it was an extremely low volume part.
65 I fixed my latch I need the piece that goes around the latch to finish it. Thanks

·
Registered
36,500 Posts
The 66 was unique, moulded plastic and is available in reproduction. The 65 was chromed steel, and not reproduced. The 67-70 is however, and is pretty close:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 66 was unique, moulded plastic and is available in reproduction. The 65 was chromed steel, and not reproduced. The 67-70 is however, and is pretty close:

Ok I’m to sure what that piece is that you posted..I have the latch that goes on the inner wheel well and the side panel. I need the plastic cover that goes around the panel that covers the cut out for the latch..I did the mini tub and I need to make sure the latch is centered in the opening of the cover correctly..

·
Premium Member
13,228 Posts
The piece that 22GT posted is the part that goes in the seat frame for the bolt on the latch to engage.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I’m not sure what I need here so thanks for the help..Is it possible I have a 66 seat? As I don’t see that part 22GT posted..

·
Registered
962 Posts
Typical use of the term latch is for the part that contains the spring loaded catch (basic part# 61382) in this case mounted to the body through the side panels. The fixed part is typically called the striker (basic part# 11736) and is in this case mounted to the seat assembly.

The latch cover is basic part# 613B26. I see these at NPD:

66 seat mpc.JPG

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Typical use of the term latch is for the part that contains the spring loaded catch (basic part# 61382) in this case mounted to the body through the side panels. The fixed part is typically called the striker (basic part# 11736) and is in this case mounted to the seat assembly.

The latch cover is basic part# 613B26. I see these at NPD:

View attachment 751839

That‘;s for 67 65/66 is different but thanks

·
Registered
36,500 Posts
Ok I’m to sure what that piece is that you posted..I have the latch that goes on the inner wheel well and the side panel. I need the plastic cover that goes around the panel that covers the cut out for the latch..I did the mini tub and I need to make sure the latch is centered in the opening of the cover correctly..
Oh. That's steel, not plastic.

May or may not be available.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok great guys thanks Bad assumption on me thinking it was plastic at least I now know what I’m looking for.

·
Registered
962 Posts
sorry I did not see the NPD link was for 67 only. That must be why the 65-66 variants are selling on eBay like gourmet hotcakes in terms of pricing. I see a single side sold for north of $80. I sold a couple several years back in the $50 range.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts