Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In redoing my brake lines, I needed new grommets where the front lines pass through the shock towers. I wanted something "beefier" than the stock donuts... and found it!

I was in an auto parts store waiting for a part to be dredged up and so was amusing myself by looking at all the PCV grommets. One looked about right, so I splurged $6 on two of them, and they fit and look great.

"Help!" part number 42058. I have no idea what it is supposed to fit, but it's a big square donut on one side and a v-lock on the other, has about a 1/4-inch inside diameter and, with a little lube and effort, fits right into the shock tower hole. Looks more factory than the originals! :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can you install these parts that you found even after the lines have been run and are already hooked up, or do they need to be installed prior to running the lines? I wrapped and quarter inch hose that I split lengthwise and then slid into the shock tower. It works, but I would like to make it look better.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could certainly split the grommet and install it. The seating diameter appears to be exactly that of the hole, so you could make it very tidy, I think.

BTW, the subject on this was supposed to be "Tip:.." I don't know what my fingers were thinking. Tired from shoving the grommet into place, I suppose. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
The grommets from NPD are split so they can be installed after the lines are into the shock towers. I just redid my lines and it worked fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts