Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started poking around for the M-6007-Xb3M Ford Racing crate motor and I'm hitting dead ends with different and more expensive motors staring me in the face. Does anyone know if Ford has discontinued this long black that reatailed around $3850?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
They quit selling the B-cammed crate motor a while back, but they still sell the same engine with an E-cam. Not exactly $3800 though. :lol:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-6007-XEFMS/

Why so fixated on that? I'd think a good shortblock with an FTI cam and AFR heads wouldn't run a whole lot more. Plus, it would clean house on the Ford motor in every way.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just thinking long block to cut down on the time I spend building a motor. What is this shortblock you speak of?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Its all what you like. At least with building your own motor you can tailor it more to what you want. Also can make it a little more of a conversation piece as far as that fact goes. But to tell the truth, you start doing that the price does go up pretty high, and isn't hard to do at all. Either way you can't really go wrong. Which you can build a pretty mild to mean street 302 for a little of nothing if you get most of your parts off of craigslist and ebay. Thats what I've done for the most part and saved over a few thousands and actually gotten better stuff then what I was planning on in the first place. Either way, good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts