Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to reproduce that coating in the trunk on the inside of the quarter panels. It appears like a really thick undercoating, but I have never seen undercoating of that thickness or texture. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't care about concours correctness, but I do want to duplicate the thickness of that coating. I've bought several undercoatings and they all are too thin. Thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Heh Sacbill, where in Sac ? I am in Sac too and recently found this forum and it is great. Dont forget the swap meet under the w/x freeway next weekend. It is not the ford one though. I think it is a buick one but will probably have quite a lot of vendewrs if it doesn't rain much.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
have you tried a rust proofing shop, the stuff is a lot like the sound deadening undercoat I used to spray on new cars at a dealership with a gun-----most rust proofing shops sell sound deadener, they should be able to shoot it thick and get close----just a thought

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I bought undercoating in a gallon can from a paint shop. I used one of those cheap suction-type sandblasters to spray it. If you get the pressure just right it will go on any thickness you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts