Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anybody know where I might get the remote control for the trunk. I saw both in Larry's Mustang Parts in Southern CA, but they said Scott Drake is actually manufacturing those and they will be available in 5-6 months. It is also listed in NPD's catalog, and they said it is not available anymore. Any ideas, maybe I should contact Scott Drake directly, do you have a phone number or website of that company???
Thanks

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Opentracker is right, but it would be very easy to rig something up with a choke cable and a spring. if you're not worried about looks. I have a remote trunk release, like the one sold in the catalogs. As a mater of fact Opentracker gave it to me. I thoroughly enjoy it. But to pay $30 for something you can rig up for $5 and some thought, that's priceless.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
california mustang has one that goes with the alarm system they sell. its an actual remote control though. like for an alarm. pretty neat but got no cash for toys like that.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I am looking for that original look in addition to the function....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Scott Drake still says they are 4-5 months off.

Scott
National Parts Depot
1965 Conv:Street driven concours
1966 Coupe: Daily driver and toy

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
looking through one of my old MI mag's theres an outfit by the name of Autoloc...www.autoloc.com that shows some power trunk kits..... might try them?

Ken

99 GTP
97 Yukon
68 GT convert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts