Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
19,793 Posts
Well, that settles it, you are a loony. Not in a bad way, just loony. You and your two-toned trunk hinges. :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
A little out there, but I’ve always enjoyed seeing the work and modifications you do. Quality work.

Your car is one of the best on the forum.

Sent from the interwebs... where else?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think kids of all ages at the shows will dig it. Instead of do not touch signs plastered everywhere, an interactive display!

I'm hoping the secondary battery I put in can make it through a show. Might need to add another.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
A doll house with Barby and Ken?🤣

·
Administrator
19,793 Posts
"... but not normal either " The HECK you say!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Can't say I haven't thought of it .but I'm pretty I to slotcars so ... Saw the post on FB you made of this . not sure if it would fit but I built this a while back View attachment 743118
Very cool. I like the foam idea. Does it work or just launch em into the next room?

·
Registered
582 Posts
My exact thoughts as I scrolled through the start of this thread:

Nice fuel tank install, but not getting the sub.... Wait, what, is that a slot car track, no, it can't be. Oh, its gone now, don't really get the electronics...., wait, now its back, but is it some kind of a wire guide, I don't get it. OMG, it is a slot car track. Oh, that's awesome!!!!

I've always thought your car was pretty cool, and as unique as it is, this is a perfect touch for it. Nice job!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was into slot car racing a lot in the 1980s and if I had the time and space I would get back into it. The most popular set in the UK was Scalextric. But I also remember seeing TCR ( Total Control Racing ) and Aurora AFX. I think TCR allowed lane changing when on the straights. I remember going to a jumble sale and someone was selling boxes of used Scalextric track cheap much to my mum's displeasure when I brought it home.

Beau M and 2nd 66

What slot car sets are those?

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
I was into slot car racing a lot in the 1980s and if I had the time and space I would get back into it. The most popular set in the UK was Scalextric. But I also remember seeing TCR ( Total Control Racing ) and Aurora AFX. I think TCR allowed lane changing when on the straights. I remember going to a jumble sale and someone was selling boxes of used Scalextric track cheap much to my mum's displeasure when I brought it home.

Beau M and 2nd 66

What slot car sets are those?
My tracks are a blend of TycoPro, Tyco/Mattel, LifeLike, Marchon all have the same lane spacing. Our race group races Micro Scalextric but to be honest I hate the pickup braid system they have ,Might be ok on the larger scales but terrible on HO. I also had some Ideal TCR Back in the day worked okish and in theory should have been better than slot cars but never really caught on though

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm pretty sure everything smaller than the 1/24 scale stuff is long gone from here. I know there is a box or two of 1/24 cars, bits and pieces. Pretty sure there is one of the cox F1 cars (magnesium chassis) in it's box. The body is in good shape but chassis may be broken if I remember correctly. I may have to add that stuff the ebay pile.

had to check ebay. this is it but, well used, not new. VINTAGE & VERY RARE COX FORMULA 1 FERRARI KIT~ SEALED ~1/24 SLOT CAR 1/14 | eBay

1 - 20 of 25 Posts