Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just sold my 52 Ford F1 pickup and am on the hunt for a car. I’m interested in 67/68 mustangs, 63-65 falcon sprints, or a 64 66/67 fairlane but am undecided. I would like to build a car that can handle corners well and maybe at some point do some racing. What would be some pluses and minuses to that cars I’m looking at?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
A '67/68 mustang will have, by far, more available go-fast stuff available for it. You can spend as little or as much as you like.
And not to mention that when/if you go to sell it, you probably won't lose as much $$ as you would on a Falcon or Fairlane. Plus the Mustang will appeal to a wider buying audience.

John

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Since you're talking about building one and not just buying a turn-key, any necessary parts for the body, chassis, and interior as well as what @4ocious said will be much more easily sourced for a Mustang.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
There may be enough cross-platform parts available to use Mustang parts on one of the other 2...the advantage to those 2 is that they will certainly be cheaper to buy one in good condition than even a Mustang coupe. I would just buy whichever one you personally like the best...you are the one driving it after all. Wasn't the Mustang built on the Fairlane platform after all? Lower control arms for instance look the same(probably are) as well as upper control arms, etc...enough handling parts will likely cross over to make it viable.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,489 Posts
Welcome to VMF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts