Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been beat to death on this site but must know for sure. Has anyone run 225x60x15 on Torque Thrust Ds with the standard 3 3/4" backspaceing on a 66 with standard gt suspension. The chart says 205x60s but i have seen a lot of cars in magazines with the 225s. How about with the 620 1" drop coils?
Please need to buy tires!!!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I have 15x7 TTD's on my '66 (sig pic). I have 225x60's in back, 205x60's in front with the 620# 1" dropped springs. They're a tight fit, but I get no rubbing. I don't think I could go ANY bigger, front or back. Even with these sizes, you need to make sure your wheel well lips are at least very straight, if not slightly rolled. If they point in toward the wheel well at all, they will rub.

HTH.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
We have 225 60 15 on ttds on my Dad's 65 coupe with 3 3/4 backspace, on inch drop springs, total control upper and lower control, and an MII rack. The front fenders had to be rolled to aleviate a slight rub.

I know the pic is crappy, but its the only one I have right now /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/dads.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts