Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I haven't made up my mind about what to do with the rear wheel wells. The outer half on both sides needs to be replaced at a minimum, and the inner half needs to be patched. But so long as I'm taking them apart I was considering making some more room back there for bigger tires. I was wondering who's done it, what were your experiences, where did you get your kit/metal from and what advise/opinions can you offer?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I had some frame rails made at S&W racecars that matched the stock lines, moved them inward and tubbed my fastback a bit. I was going to simply widen the stock style wheel houses but that was an exercise in futility.
You're welcome to take a look at my website below.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Wow! ::
Nice work!

I'm thinking of moving the stock (repo) inner wheel house to the frame rail on my 67 coupe project for a slightly larger tire...Maybe 2"...

·
Registered
1968 Mustang Coupe
34 Posts
I have tubbed my '68 coupe. There is no other feeling in the world when a ricer pulls up next to and won't even look in your direction! ::
I used a '74 Luv truck for the frame rails and brought them in. Sent out a 9" to Calif. to be narrowed, and put it all together with 18.5" meats. It is a LOT of work, but I would do it all over again if I had the chance! ::
In fact, I will have a 6-71 huffer within the next 6 months to add to the nastiness of my beast!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts