Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw not too long ago, somewhere, a picture of a new product. A tubular outer shock tower brace to replace the sheet metal one. Fast forward to now.. I am midway thru a front coilover (Ron Morris) conversion, and remembering seeing the article or ad (I can't remember which), I have looked almost everywhere for that brace and who sells it, and of course I can't find it. Anyone see this anywhere? Please help!!! Rick

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Global West just introduced one, to go along with their coil over setup for 65-66 MUstangs. That's probably the one you're thinking of.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Is there any point to this little thing GW is offering? I don't see any potential suspension benefit on any car that is set up even remotely right, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think it jsut looks cool.... cant imagine it actally doing something other then allowing you to see the coil overs.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah, it's the Global West coil-over alright. Here's mine. Don't ask me why they did this, but I imagine it's stronger than the sheet metal one.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/files/attachments/1202618878-GwCo4.JPG

·
Registered
477 Posts
the gw one allows more suspension travel. the gw setup has more travel due to the longer shocks used over other coil over or stock setups...

·
Registered
987 Posts
I was noticing in the FatMan Fabs ad that with their coilover setup, they are including an outter shock tower brace. Then I saw it on the Global West setup also. I was eventually going to ask why, but someone beat me to it.... ;)

I've only seen this with coilover systems, so I would imagine it is to add some strength to the top of the shock tower. The Global West brace seems to be much stronger than the FatMan brace, which is just sheetmetal bolted across.

MustangChuck

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
maxoverclock said:
the gw one allows more suspension travel. the gw setup has more travel due to the longer shocks used over other coil over or stock setups...

ah, that makes sense!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts