Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1970 Mach1 M code

Well I went to a cruise in last night and had a great time...Some fantastic cars there.....But on my way home the turn signals stopped working....I got out of the car and looked at the rear of the car...Nothing none are blinking....I then went and turned the lights on...The lights in back work fine....I had my father in law look while I braked....no brake lights....Grrrrr! I tried the hazard lights and all worked except the back right.....Well I investigated today....Checked all bulbs, fuses, and flashers...All are fine....I then started thinking about the turn signal switch.....I took apart the steering wheel and pulled the switch...Upon examination I immediately notice the wire that goes to the right rear light has its contact severely worn down......Does anyone think I am on the right track...A new switch is about 80.00.....Any help is appreciated.....

·
Registered
762 Posts
You are probably dead on. If the dash/regular tail lights work its not fuses..most likely culprit is turn signal switch. When I replace these I jack up the front tires so I can turn the wheel lock to lock and test turn signals, brake lights, emergency flashers at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts