Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced turn signal switch, replaced all bulbs, hooked up battery and they work fine!!!! Put everthing back together and left turn signal does not flash. Just stays on!! All bulbs work right signal flashes fine, hood scoop lights work flash only on right turn. Before I put everything in place it worked fine. Emergency flashers work on both sides fine but flash very fast. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance
JBauer4363
1970 Mach 1

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill try that next. Hopefully that flasher is not hard to find at parts stores. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
19,225 Posts
Sorry, I meant the turn signal switch under the steering wheel.

Usually, this problem is caused by excessive resistance in the circuitry, and the turn signal indicator on the dash goes high, but the external lights don't light at all. The only time I've seen everything light up constantly is when the flasher unit (the little can) goes bad, but then it happens on both sides, not just one. I'd check your wiring again, and pay particular attention to the groundings.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just one other thought if you haven't gotten it fixed already. I just replaced my cam, and I was having the same problem when I put it back together. It would work, and then one side would just stay on. Apparently the connections on the underside of the cam weren't being made correctly. I had to trim some off the ends of the stiff wire that makes the connections because they were so long they were getting stuck on the edges of the plastic piece that the cam sat in. Anyway, just a thought. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts