Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<hr class="dividing-line"><!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Two issues on two different cars. On my convertible, when canceling from a left turn, it over cancels and starts to signal a right hand turn. On my Fastback, emergency flashers work fine, but no turn signals. Nothing lights up, from the indicators in the dash to the front and rear lights, nothing. Tested the flasher and I can hear it clicking and test light shows power in and power out blinking. I am guessing a bad turn signal switch? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
35,216 Posts
Two issues on two different cars. On my convertible, when canceling from a left turn, it over cancels and starts to signal a right hand turn.
The switch is goosey-loosey, in other words, worn out.
On my Fastback, emergency flashers work fine, but no turn signals. Nothing lights up, from the indicators in the dash to the front and rear lights, nothing. Tested the flasher and I can hear it clicking and test light shows power in and power out blinking. I am guessing a bad turn signal switch? Thanks in advance.
I don't understand how the relay could cycle without any load on it. Try swapping it out to see what happens, Make sure you swap the E flasher and not the TS flasher. Or swap them with each other, see if the problem moves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts