Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone it’s me bothering y’all once again. I’m running into a weird issue I don’t know where to even start from.

So I’m having an issue with my turn signals. When I hit the turn signal to the LH side the LH parking light it won’t flash with the headlights on. When i hit the signal to the RH side the parking light flashes with the headlights perfect. The light works perfectly fine as well. It’s a brand new set of parking lights with new headlights. I’ve put in a new turn signal switch along with a headlight switch. My cluster also doesn’t indicate when the RH side turn signal is activated but the LH will flash side when on. Both the rear brake lights flash and work perfectly.

It has done this before and out of now where it reverts to working as they should. So they were working fine and recently this week I took my cluster out to fix my speedometer cable and they started acting up again.

i also have LED bulbs in not sure if they make a different for the turn signal to indicate. I never tried having the original style bulbs. Does anyone have any idea what my issue could be?

·
Registered
40,959 Posts
Hello everyone it’s me bothering y’all once again. I’m running into a weird issue I don’t know where to even start from.

So I’m having an issue with my turn signals. When I hit the turn signal to the LH side the LH parking light it won’t flash with the headlights on. When i hit the signal to the RH side the parking light flashes with the headlights perfect. The light works perfectly fine as well. It’s a brand new set of parking lights with new headlights. I’ve put in a new turn signal switch along with a headlight switch. My cluster also doesn’t indicate when the RH side turn signal is activated but the LH will flash side when on. Both the rear brake lights flash and work perfectly.

It has done this before and out of now where it reverts to working as they should. So they were working fine and recently this week I took my cluster out to fix my speedometer cable and they started acting up again.

i also have LED bulbs in not sure if they make a different for the turn signal to indicate. I never tried having the original style bulbs. Does anyone have any idea what my issue could be?
First thing I'd check is the ground for the LH lamps... the headlights and park/turn signal should all come together under a screw into the back of the radiator support on the driver's side. If the ground is good then I'd check the LH park/turn socket ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.