Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, the turnsignals on my 68 fastback have started acting wierd. Sometimes, when starting the engine, I'll have no turnsignals, and my radio (aftermarket KH600) won't work. A few minutes of running and they come back on. My thinking is that the light switch circuit breaker may be the culprit, but my son has my schematics, so its just a guess. According to the 67 schematic I have for our convertible, it appears that the turn signals run through the light switch's 15 amp breaker. Is this correct for the 68 also?

Why on startup? Should I leave my radio off? Answers? Help!!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
your '68 TSs do not run thru headlight switch but is fused by 14 A fuze at top left of panel lying horizontal. that fuse protects radio, PRND2 light (if Auto trans), and backup lights. check backup lights to confirm they are not working and you can conclude you have bad connection in power to these devices. am very familiar with TS circuit so if you have questions or need further advice PM me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts