Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find a diagram of the 1968 Turn signal switch? Somthing that states where all the little wires go on the car? Is it possible to re-build a turn signal switch, instead of shelling out 80 bucks for a new one?

Thanks......

·
Registered
786 Posts
I worked a week and a half trying to save purchasing that 75 dollar switch. And then finally gave in - just wish I had done it before wasting all that time!

Tom

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Ive never seen one rebuilt, but with the right equitment and parts I suppose anything is possible. Wild West Classic Mustang Ranch can always sell you a used one, $30-40, 425-481-6780. Hope that helps.

G

·
0 Posts
I have mine apart right now and can take pictures or answer questions if you want (68 non-tilt). Send me a PM if you need answers -- before tomorrow night when I hope to put it back together!

I bought a repro from Scott Drake via RestoreMustangs.com. It's exact except for two extra wires which I posted a question about - it works fine.

I couldn't find anything except the repro -- all the used ones seem to be cut off the connector rather than the pins pushed out (connector doesn't slide through the steering column).

Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts