Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight, my turn signals died - which is better than this morning when I got my new brake tag.

They were working just fine and I had used them twice on the drive home, but then on the need to use them a third time...nothing. Neither the lights on the dash nor the exterior lights would flash. The hazards still work so I even tried switching the flasher but both flashers worked on the hazard lights and neither worked on the turn signals.

Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Like Mike said (welcome back, haven't seen you around here in a while), the 66 uses two different flasher relays. The one is located under the glove box for the emergency flashers and the other one is located above and a little towards the fuse box under the dash. The pic Mike posted looks just like the flasher. Mine was just dangling up in there. On the 66 you can just reach up under there and replace it without having to remove the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was the flasher though, wouldn't the lights on the instrument cluster stay solid and just not flash? Also, when I took the flasher from the blinkers and replaced it with the flasher from the hazard lights nothing happened. I put the blinker flasher in place of the hazard flasher and it worked.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
if the hazards are working your wiring and bulbs aare all good since TSs and hazards both use same except for wiring from flashers to TS switch. check fuse for TS -cn't remember which one it is but if you don't have data i can look it up - just PM me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.