Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you all in advance.
I was driving the car on the freeway yesterday and the turn signals were fine, once I got onto the street, they were just dead. Hazard lights work as does everything else. I've never had this happen so I'm wondering if there's a specific fuse for the turn signals or if the fturn signal flasher failing would just kill the turn signals.
Any one had this happen to them?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Not my Mustang, but this happened recently to my '72 Ford Ranger--signals quit but the emergency flashers, etc. were all fine. It was the flasher unit itself--there are two separate flashers for the hazard lights and the turn signals. Piece of cake to fix!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Do the lights light up but not flash? On my 70 this was the flasher unit under dash right side. There are 2 one for turn signals 1 for flashers. Available at autozone etc.
If they dont do anything and are dead it was the fuse on mine.
On my 70 the turn signals were on 1 fuse flashers on another.
Just look for a blown fuse
Jan Bauer
70 Mach 1

G

·
0 Posts
Have you tried adding blinker fluid? You might be a little low.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...:)

·
Registered
916 Posts
I had a similar problem and after inspection of the turn signal cam found that a couple of the copper contacts seated in the plastic somehow heated up and pushed themselves out. If this is the problem, just heat those up a little and push them back in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts