Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get the turn signals working on my car. Actually a 64 Fairlane Sports Coupe. It will burn out the fuse after two or three flashes to either side. I have grounded everything and installled a new flasher. Where should I look next. I am no good with wiring problems at all. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Next time you put in a new fuse, try turning the steering wheel a few times and see if that pops it. There may be a cshort at the switch itself. If the fuse pops of even if it doesn't , remove the steering wheel and check the switch there for a bare wire or a short of some type. If both side pop the fuse then it is most likely in this area.
Don

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Try disconnecting the front harness from the rear harness leaving only the cables running down the side of the car. Check that those cables arent grounded (they shouldnt be). This was the cause of my woes recently.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
i'll add that you may check for broken wires in your harness. mine blew fuses and even melted my switch because i have a broken wire where the front turn signals are and was grounding out. may check that after checking behind the steering wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts