Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has already been posted.

There are 2 quite interesting classic Mustang projects on YouTube.

vTuned Garage has got a fire damaged coupe and have cut the front end off and all of the floor and bulkhead. They also have a late model GT as a donor car. They are making their own chassis to hold the late model engine and the front and read suspension which will attach to what is left of the coupe bodywork. One problem they have is the old body is a lot narrower than the modern body. So they have cut the old body down the middle and are making it wider and then flaring the arches for the final stage to cover the wheels. Quite an adventurous project, but I guess they know what they are doing. I have not followed this channel before, so I do not know what they have done prior to this.

B Is For Build is doing a slightly different project. They have got a 2015 GT and have cut all of its bodywork off leaving the floor pan with the engine and front and rear suspension attached to it. They are then grafting vintage Mustang panels onto this modern base. They are using a mixture of real and reproduction panels to do this.

Both projects look good and I cant wait to see them finished. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like them.

Jeremy.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
B is for Build probably knows what they are doing. Previously they built a twin turbo LS powered Lambo Hurican and installed a manual gearbox and all the associated bits for the clutch linkage. The Lambo had been previously burned.

·
Dimples
4,872 Posts
I've been following both as well for different reasons. I'm getting some decent entertainment value, but I certainly have my nits to pick.

vTuned Garage... Quite an adventurous project, but I guess they know what they are doing.
I don't think they do. He doesn't seem to have much of a plan, and his skills and decisions when it comes to frame/chassis fabrication leave something to be desired. Don't get me wrong, it's interesting viewing but this kid isn't a master craftsman. I wonder what his solution for font and back glass is going to be.

I have a bit more faith in B is for build. Chris seems to have fine-tuned his unique combination of ambitious creativity and planning, and he has skilled help. I personally hate the Eleanor thing, so I wish he were being more original as far as that goes, but whatever. It appears that, like all of these types of rebody jobs, it's going to be awfully fat in the rockers, which is too bad.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B is for Build probably knows what they are doing. Previously they built a twin turbo LS powered Lambo Hurican and installed a manual gearbox and all the associated bits for the clutch linkage. The Lambo had been previously burned.
Yes, I have been watching their channel for many years now. With each build, they seem to be getting better and better. I remember them a number of years ago, and their ( well it was just him back then ) builds were really a bit hit and miss with the quality. But he was just starting out back then. I like this channel as he seems to finish each car before moving on. I also Follow Tavarish and these days he just seems to buy more and more projects and not finishing any of them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is anyone following the Bibbster on Youtube by The Fab Forums? There is not much Mustang left, definitely the most custom Mustang I’ve ever seen. I wish I had 1/10th of his fab skills!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The B Is For Build new / classic Mustang is really taking shape. They almost have all the bodywork fitted now to the modern base.

He is going to have to flare the arches a bit as the new mustang is wider than the classic one. But it should still look okay. As long as he does not go overboard and do some over the top widebody which is not really my thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts