Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to click on a eleanor that was just listed for a million dollars ( Sure! I'll take 3!) It brought the auction up but then directed me to the ebay sign in page. Uhm... I already just signed in 60 seconds beforehand..

I think its a scam to get your screen name and password... Look at the address when you go there and what you get forwarded to..

??? :chainsaw: ::

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
You're right. Did the same thing to me. I'm not sure how to report this to eBay though.
Stan

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Someone else already said this but I'll say it again... if you do happen to fall for this and put your Ebay name and password in make sure to quickly change your password.

·
Registered
768 Posts
This is really getting to be a problem for eBay. I have gotten burned in the past. I was sent an e-mail from eBay stating I needed to update my personal info, like a dumb a#$ I did and my info was stolen, awhile later my credit card company called and questioned a lot of web purchases I had be making. Of course I didn't make them and had to reverse charges and close the card.

BECAREFUL out there. I still get a lot of e-mails from eBay about my account(scam) remember these:

1. eBay will never ask for your pass word
2. When eBay sends an e-mail it will be addressed to your name not your eBay name.

I was lucky and it was caught in time,
Phil

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I have been getting phishing attempts purporting to be from PayPal. The key is that they use https: instead of http: for the PayPal address. I reported one of these attempts to PayPal and got back a form email from them which essentially said, since the email came from a company other than PayPal or eBay, they cannot trace it to verify whether the email came from PayPal. Duhhhhh. I wrote back again, but never heard from them. :wall:

·
Registered
893 Posts
I am having the same e-bay problem signing in again and again today....are you guys sure its not a software prob with e-bay...I know all about the scams and the paypal one tooo....it just seems odd that e-bay is acting like this...I looked at several items and kept being asked to sign in anyway I changed my password and I guess I am not signing in for a day or 2.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts